Friday, June 03, 2005

Secret Shame

So Ace recently had a post about bad movies that are actually good. But there is another topic i like to explore of the guilty pleasure variety. Mainly sitcoms. I don't watch much television anymore. I like Arrested Development, the Simpsons, Gilmore Girls, and Adult Swim but i rarely get to watch these shows because either i'm working Sunday evening, on the computer, out with friends, or asleep. However, I live with my mother who watches tv much more than i do. She loves Reba and only multiple occasions has asked to tape the show for her. Sometimes i ended up watching the show if it was on - a little mother-daughter bonding time if you will. To my amazement and against my will i have realized that i really like the show. It's not as sappy as the premise (or the sitcom them song suggests "I'm a Survivor") and i actually find myself laughing and enjoying the characters interactions. I really like Reba's sarcastic expressions and the banter between her and Barbara-Gene (her ex-husband new wife). So there i said it - i like Reba, and i am not ashamed. (ok, maybe a little bit)
Speaking of sitcoms - one of my pet peeves is when characters kiss on the show and the "audience" goes "ooooooh" it just makes me cringe. Thanks for making a nice moment into a gooey love fest assholes. I don't like it. Actually i hate "laugh tracks" in general. Thanks for pointing out the funny, now stop.

No comments: