Thursday, January 12, 2006

Crazy/Weird/Obsessive Behavior Meme -Thing

Gib was kind enough to tag. I'll stop trying to be cool and deny that i wasn't flattered. Plus it gives me a reason to write a post not decrying my mental/emotional state. Sort off.

1. Whenever i start to tell a story inevitably i will go into the most pointless details of the actual story, most of the time ending with a whole different ending which was intended in the first place of reciting the anecdote. People who know me well will sometimes intervene to point out that what i'm saying has absolutely nothing to do with my original point. I'm also one of the most random people i know. Everything reminds me of everything, my associative skills are crazy (or at least they drive everyone around me crazy).

2. I compulsively raise my hand in class. I. Cannot. Stop. Yes, i am that annoying girl who, as soon as the professor asks a question, raises her hand or answers the questioning without even bothering to maintain any decorum. I think my sister is the same. We come from a long line of training which maintain if we know the answer we MUST SHARE it with the world. Sometimes it gets a little bit ridiculous when i end answering more than half of the questions in class. Even i don't want to hear myself talk. However, i have no shame on this point.

2b. It's kind of a corollary to the previous point; when i see a person lost or if i eavesdrop on a contentious conversation (and know that i can help) i am compelled to help the person or try to resolve whatever the people are arguing about. Over the years i've been learning to curb this behavior since most people like keeping their conversations private and me sticking my nose into things doesn't usually turn out great.

3. I start speaking with a Russian accent when i'm extremely emotional/angry. Sometimes when the moment is deeply personal i break out into Russian with English speakers without fully realizing it.

4. I say sorry way too much. Seriously if i could excuse my existence i would. Although, i'm learning to be a little bit more aggressive everyday.

5. Another family obsession i share with my sister is taking photos EVERYWHERE we go. If it hasn't been photographed it never existed in the first place. So you know since my Cannon died on me four months ago i have been virtually dead.

People i'll tag:
Yaron - because as usual he'll bring the funny and besides i want to change the straight edge image i have of the guy.
Writersbloc because she can "bring the crazy" and this is the only way we will communicate due to the insanity of life. And - unlike Ace or Ken she's not afraid or "morally" opposed to memes.
Caryn cause it will give her something to write on her new pretty blog and she will also bring the funny.
B. : Mainly because like with Writerbloc i have been horrible in communicating with my favorite person in Scotland. Besides he always seemed pretty mellow to me, so it will be nice to see what he says about his darker side.
MLICS because she's funny and crazy and not necessarily in a good way.

And as the cool kids say, this is open to anyone who wants share the craziness.

No comments: