Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Crappy

So a year ago we renovated our bathrooms, including installing new toilets. All was nice, good, and pretty - until we used the toilets. The results were, to use a made up word, craptacular.
I remember reading a few years ago about Americans buying Canadian toilets because they could no longer purchase the more powerful ones due to new regulations by congress. See Dave Barry's funny assessment of the situation. I couldn't believe that someone would actually drive to Canada to purchase a TOILET?! How bad can they be I thought.
Well now I know.
Here's the thing, the explanation that the toilets are better for the environment is bs. Because you have to flush the damn thing like ten times! Okay I'm exaggerating but instead of saving water people end up using more water then if we had toilets that actually worked.
Maybe it's time to head north...Montreal is nice this time of year.

No comments: