Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Awkward Sixth Grade Memories Brought To You By Doritos!

Some four thousand people mobbed the lawn of Buenos Aires’ Planetarium on Thursday night for an unofficial event billed as Que Vuelvan los Lentos, or the Return of the Slow Dance.....
....the crowd swayed, danced and kissed to syrupy hits such as “We did it all for love,” and “Everything I Do, I Do it For You.” Teens, tweens, adults, and too-cool-for-school 20-somethings all got into the slow-jam groove.

Though it seemed to be an impromptu event motivated by the love of soft hits from the
80’s and 90’s, sources say that the event was really a marketing stunt staged by a giant snack food company.


I loved (okay still love) "Everything I Do, I Do it For You" and I was constantly listening to "Lady in Red" when I was in sixth grade.
BTW I haven't stopped slow dancing, I've just upgraded the music I listen too, no more Boys II Men.

No comments: