Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Memory Tricks

I re-watched Yellow Submarine this Sunday, turns out the movie is not as funny or interesting as I remembered. About quarter of the way in I began to getreally restless, even Ringo's bad puns didn't help. And I love bad puns more than ever. Sure George's "It's all in your mind you know!" was amusing the first two times he said it. I can kind of see how being high makes the experience more pleasurable - some of the montages are incredibly colorful,lush, and strange. However since I had no intention of altering my state of mind I found the film rather disappointing, most of the music is also quite forgettable. I still like the 1,2,3,4 song though. I give the film five stars while high, two stars while sober. I can't believe I recommended this movie to others.

No comments: