Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Just touch my head and send me spinning

So I get a little obsessive about music. I tend to like a song/album and then it plays over and over again, non stop.
I went to see The Cure a few weeks and the concert was phenomenal, even though I didn't know most of the songs.
Not only was Peter kind enough to provide me with a ticket to the show but he went out of his way and created three fantastic mixes of The Cure songs he liked and thought I would like in return. Not only did the CDs have the list of the songs, but it had the albums they came from, and the band members who comprised the band. It was a very thoughtful gift, especially since some songs came from cassettes. Of course being the procrastinator that I am, I didn't listen to CDs as often as I should. I misplaced the first CD after a few times listening to it and the other two I played over and over again two days before the concert. The concert was fantastic, minus the drunk guys in front of us. Impressed I went back and listened to the CDs, especially the first one that I misplaced. And now I can't get enough the song "Halo" - it's far more prettier than a song has a right to be, it's been pretty much on a heavy rotation with me.

No comments: