Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I Love Amy Faris

I read that she only tried out for serious stuff before breaking out in Scary Movie franchise.
Other than the obvious (and recurring) allure of vomit gags, Faris has no idea why she’s funny. If she has a method, it’s to approach drama and comedy in the same way. “I think there has to be an earnestness in any character,” she says. “A sincerity for whatever their belief system is. I asked Keenen Wayans a few times, kind of indulgently, ‘Why would you cast me?’ He finally said, ‘Because you had no idea what you were doing.’ I knew that part! I used to feel a tremendous pressure to do drama, especially when I couldn’t even get auditions because I was known as the spoof girl,” adds Faris, who was rejected for sexy roles on shows like Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Six Feet Under. “But I’ve come to embrace my love of comedy.”

No comments: