Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Minor Pet Peeve

I hate the peace sign. I think it's vulgar and screams condescendence and ignorance. When I was a little girl I thought I was so profound for advocating peace and proclaiming that war is not the answer. Having grown up a bit and realized that the world is not full of people with the best intentions, but with the best intentions for themselves. I realize how naive these people are, who drive around with the chicken foot on their bumpers.

Do they really think everyone else is pro-war? Because I want peace too! Yet, I understand that not everyone/everything is going to turn out/be like Britain vs. Ghandi's India doesn't mean I don't want peace as well. Would I like for war to be forever eradicated? Of course! Am I naive enough to think that this will ever happen as long as human beings roam the earth? No.

So enough with silly sign, everyone wants peace just some of us know that there are things worth fighting for (and actually peace is one of them).

No comments: