Monday, November 09, 2009

A Good Thing To Remember


Jerry: Oh, you don’t understand, Osgood! … I’m a man.
Osgood: Well, nobody’s perfect.

This is one of my favorite lines/scenes of all times. I remember watching this movie with my parents and the big reaction that line got. Russians are big on taking quotes from movies, books, songs, even poetry, and using it in daily conversations. The sayings can come from anywhere - my parents loved to tell me about where this or that expression comes from. I'm horrible at this, if you ever heard me quote ANYTHING, you know how bad I am at it. And even though I studied film, I'm terrible at the movie quote game. Horrible. So I love this quote because a) I can quote it (correctly) b)my parents used to quote it c) it's so universal, true, and hilarious

No comments: