Thursday, February 25, 2010

A mother - daughter Conversation

My mother and I talk about things that we know will annoy/anger one another:

Me: I know you aren't going to be happy about this, but when Betty (my sister staying with us) leaves I'm going to try the egg diet for a few weeks.

My Mom: [Sighs.] Okay, but fried eggs are bad for you and you should only eat boiled/soft boiled eggs. Fried foods are not healthy.

Me: Well, we will see.

My Mom: Speaking of not liking things. I ordered an exercise machine from tv.

Me: Mom, I've told you many times not to order ANYTHING from television. (Roll my eyes.)

My Mom: Yes, I know but [goes on to tell me the benefits of this thing]. And I really think it's going to help me with my back.

Me: Okay, well it's your money. You can do with it whatever you want, but I have a strong feeling this will be a crappy contraption, although I hope it works.

And so ended a conversation where we were both able to express a strong dislike without an argument or me driving off into a ditch because of the killer rain/winds we have been having here.

No comments: