Thursday, August 18, 2011

On Gluttony

I'm not sure what happened but somewhere along the lines I gave myself permission to eat like a pregnant lady this summer. The results are what you might expect from someone who decides to eat chocolate or ice cream just because the mood striked (maybe every single day). There is a great line from a Ray Bradburry's Dandelion Wine about a perfect woman not being too skinny or too fat from the love she receives. Not sure where I was going with that reference, but it reminds me that moderation can be a good thing and I have a person who loves me so all this eating might need to be reigned in. I'm getting to a point of being a bit too heavy for my liking.

We are going to Texas, I doubt my gluttony will be suppressed there....but once I'm back and begin working at the US Open, I think it will be time to reign in some of the urges and rediscover my love for the gym.

No comments: