Thursday, October 20, 2011

Love is their whole happiness

I'm not one to re-watch/re-read too many movies/books. There are exceptions. When I was in school, every time I got sick, I used to watch Anne in Green Gables series. So I have the tendency it just that it's rare. Besides Kieslowski,  Miyazaki, and  Kar Wai Wong movies I tend to watch things once. There is also John Hughes movies. I, like a lot of others, can quote The Breakfast Club verbatim.

Recently I've been jonesing to see Pretty in Pink and since it's not on instant Netflix, I've been using a clip of Ducky dancing to Otis Redding's "Try A Little Tenderness" to stave off the craving. It's so wonderful, honestly probably in my top ten scenes of all time.



P.S. Here is Jon Cryer interview where he mentions how this scene came together. 

P.P.S. How fucking awesome is that song?!

No comments: