Monday, February 13, 2012

Connections

My mama came to visit a week ago. For some reason I was really excited to take her on the subway. Somehow I saw us riding the subway as one of the essential New York things to do. For some reason my mother wasn't as thrilled at the prospect. Although she noted it was cleaner than she remembered it (last time she rode the subway circa 1989).


On the train we both noticed Sophie Blackall's print of subway passengers. We were both delighted. Looking at each character, figuring out the little stories behind each character.

Only after looking on the internet did I realize why her drawing was so familiar, because she is the artist behind missed connections drawings blog. Anyway, I found this cool video about her. One day when I have a paying job I will purchase one or two of her prints for our undecorated apartment.



Handmade Portraits: Sophie Blackall from Etsy on Vimeo.

No comments: