Thursday, February 17, 2005

When Are Jewish Girls Going To Be A Fetish?

This post made me both laugh and cringe. No matter how much one might dislike this phenomena it exists. I have my own opinions why lots of Jewish guys go for Asian girls, and it's not because they are "really into family" quite the opposite. But i think just to be on the safe side, for once, i'll keep them for myself.

Dating in NYC: A Short Story

Asian chick #1: The thing is, he's a Jewish guy? And like, ya know, a lot of Jewish guys are in to Asian girls?
Asian chick #2: Yeah?Asian chick #1: Yeah. I think it's like because, like, both cultures are so, like, into family? Like Jews are really into family and Asians are really into family?
Asian chick #2: Yeah.
Asian chick #1: But also? I think he kind of has an Asian fetish?
Asian chick #2: I hate that. Asian chick #1: Yeah. He's like...ya know. A nerdy Jewish guy who likes to date Asian girls?
Asian chick #2: Yeah.
Asian chick #1: Yeah, but he's really cute in that way that he's nerdy but he loves Asian girls?

Asian chick #2: Yeah.

--N/R 8th street station

Update: My Theory On The Matter:
Over the years i have observed many stereotypical and nervous Jewish mothers and a lot of times the stereotype held up pretty well. I'm not saying all Jewish women act this way, but many tend to be the kind of women you want to run away from as soon as you can (especially if you're the child of said woman). There's a smothering quality there. Many Jewish boys feel threatened or at least resentful of their mothers overbearing behavior and I think in Asian women, especially young, petite, and quiet Asian women, they find anti-thesis of this behavior. I feel Jewish guys perceive being with an Asian girl as a way of being more in control in the relationship. Whether Asian women are more subordinate than Jewish women is not the point, i know many Asian girls that are wild and not afraid to tell ayone their opinion, but from the point of attraction it's what one appears to be rather than what one is in reality. Maybe the theory is crude and simplistic but this what i have observed. On a side note the part about sharing strong family ties - the fact that a Jewish guy will specifically look for an Asian girl, does not constitute in my mind strong family type, quite the opposite. Ok, end of rant.

No comments: