Wednesday, March 02, 2005

To Blog, Is To Rant or The MBTA Can Suck It

I'm so tired, I haven't slept a wink,
I'm so tired, my mind is on the brink.

It's been snowing here in Boston. I usually like snow, but relying on public transportation and the lack of sleep have left me a tad frustrated with the whole winterlandhell.
For example, today i got on the Commuter Rail with a big gym bag and bulky coat on. There were only two person seats left open so i sat down in one of them and promptly fell asleep. So basically a seat that in theory should accommodate two people ends up accommodating one and a half. Somewhere in middle of my journey, a woman and and a man entered the compartment and proceeded to talk loudly in really annoying sounding French. Which i later realized was Italian. To add to the annoyance level the woman had a purple panther print backpack and frizzy hair (Yes, i'm feeling snarky this morning). There were no more open seats and they stood talking over me, waiting for me to wake up and move a a few inches. Which i did. The frustrating woman sat next to me and her husband sat behind her. I tried not to take it personally. But it's hard when you get woken up just to be squashed and then the person who squeezed you proceeds to talk in loud and obnoxious tone to a person behind her causing you to not be able to fall back asleep. I was not pleased.
This has been a week where the MBTA has (for a lack of better term) sucked:
On Monday, i waited for the train fifteen minutes in the frigid cold, which wouldn't be that bad except the train i was on decided half-way to stop and derail and then turn around and go the other way. Which left me to wait for another train for fifteen minutes in damn cold.
On Tuesday, the commuter rail that i take decided to skip my stop, randomly and then i had to take the T back to my actual stop.
End of rant.
Update: I'm wide awake. Maybe i'll actually accomplish something today.

No comments: