Friday, August 07, 2009

Still excited to go see this movie in the theater

I can't wait to see Glorious Basterds. Interviews like this one make me ever more excited. I guess Tarantino wanted all the soldiers to have a back story (the unit is comprised of all Jews, except the commander played by Brad Pitt). Here's BJ Novak (Ryan from The Office) about his part:

"He probably came from a family that was trying to assimilate into the Waspy mainstream by naming their kid Smithson, and the war was his chance to reclaim being Jewish. I don't know if you'll see that onscreen, but that's where I'm coming from when I'm paying really close attention to Brad Pitt."
Jews kicking ass with guns. I'm so excited.

Although I have a feeling a lot of the times I will be looking through my fingers, since all the actors in the interview bragged how well they learned to scalp people.

No comments: