Friday, May 25, 2012

A Perfect Song

If you ever gone through depression or have witnessed someone go through it this song brilliantly the despair and the need of affirmation of life worth living.

Sometimes I wish that I was dead
'Cause only the living can feel the pain
Sometimes I wish that I could fly
You get so grounded that life will pass you by

Hey little girl, we're on our own
Here today and then we're gone
Before we ride into the sun
Get it on

Sometimes your world's so full of pain
You get so hurt inside, but dry your eyes
Sometimes the words you gotta say
They get so trapped inside and fade away

Hey little girl, we're on our own
Here today and then we're gone
Before we ride into the sun
Get it on



Many times I have thought these words: "Sometimes I wish that I was dead / 'Cause only the living can feel the pain and yet" but something whether the love of my family and friends have left metaphorically singing the chorus over and over again. Thank you.

PS I love how the chorus repeats a bunch of times at the end, affirming it's message over and over again. Yes, life is full of pain and yet we need to get it on.

No comments: